Saturday, July 23, 2011

Project time!

Alrighty, I think pretty soon I'm going to have to devote a post to all the things I've made this summer so far, but for now here are some I've either finished or am working on this week....



In crochet news, I finished this circle motif shurg I was working on. I am happy with how it turned out considering how it's mostly improvised from expanding an open work circle and adding arm holes. However it's a little too small for my shoulders so I'm going to give it away to some one who might fit it and appreciate it's funky-ness. During that time however, I am going to try again and make one that would fit me in a lovely nave color for this coming fall.



All this week I have been joining my friends and my younger brother at my high school's marching band camp working on these back drops for their 'A Night in Autumn/Halloween' half-time show.  I think I'm still recovering from painting out in the heat but I'm pretty happy with the results (and even more thrilled that the band really likes them and I'll be coming back Monday to paint another mountain and a sunset drop down). They are playing Night on Bald Mounting, Call of the Mountain and Thiller and I think it's gonna be a great show, I'm so proud of our band. Good job guys and congrats on surviving marching outside during that killer heat wave!

No comments:

Post a Comment