Sunday, July 24, 2011

So Busy!!

So I devoted a portion of my day today working on a music poster for the lovely Laura Cortese, who is hosting a birthday bash in August. I'm hoping I can include everything that needs to be on there without making the poster look too busy, and as with most of the commissions I do, my number one concern is that the recipient is going to be happy with the results.
Aros the Gelding


   Generally this summer I've had the luxury of having lots of time open to work on pieces for long stretches of time to complete them: such as with this horse sign for a local stable owner who wanted a metal horse sign painted to look like her beautiful blue roan gelding, Aros. I would ride my bike to the barn and spend most of the day there painting (now I'm helping to put up fences and such, more on that later :). 
 Or like with the backdrops I mentioned in the last post, where I would just come with my younger brother to band camp and paint them outside there for long stretches of time.
The real horses don't know what to think!
   However today I was having trouble mixing in working on this poster with social things, and tomorrow I'm going to have to figure out a way to work on that, hanging with friends, and finishing more backdrops at the school! Not to mention I want to get some running in some how, although lately, I've felt really run down and out of it. I'm hoping sine I have to drive my brother into town today I can pick up a planner and some art stuff which might help me feel better. I don't know what I'm going to do once school actually starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment