Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting some fresh 'Plein-Air'

Hey guys,

Well I've been doing this and that and the other thing this week. Tomorrow morning I'm leaving for cross country camp, so I won't be back until Sunday (but I'm so excited, camp is a great experience). School seems to be inching closer so fast!

It has been GORGEOUS here in NW Ohio, cool sunny and the gentlest breeze. Especially since I've been looking at that Monet book, I absolutely had to go outside and do some painting and sketching. First I stopped and the barn to paint and check out the horses before I went to camp:
The set up...See the horses in the background?


Sketching the herd to warm up...


And then today I sat next to my mom's garden to paint this rough painting. In either one I was hoping to capture the lovely atmosphere, they aren't as impressionistic as I'd like but that's easier done in oil. It was fun to sit outside and paint though!
My mom's sunflowers and corn

After I was done a humming bird hovered by the sunflower (the real one)

Extra paint? Paint your hands!


Now I think I better get my stuff together for camp. I know for sure I'm atleast going to bring stuff to crochet during the down time.

See ya Sunday!

2 comments: