Monday, August 8, 2011

Recovering from the Weekend....

    Well this week was interesting to say the least. My mom, brother and I attempted to go to the Dublin Irish Festival yesterday, which decidedly turned into a dud. Our day consisted of: getting lost, getting rained out, getting tired, and getting bummed. Not having our dad there certainly didn't help. Although there were some highlights to the day.

   For one, we enjoyed this promto jam session after festival operations were halted due to thunderstorms. I would have danced with her, but just as I put down the camera the cops moved them into the gym to play for the jumping wigs...I mean step dancers : 



   After we decided at 3 hours in the rec center that it might be best for us to head home, I had the pleasure of running into this handsome young man from a food vendor trying to get rid of extra scones at the gate so they didn't have to lug it home. Shirtless, wearing a kilt and with free food?! Mom and Wes laughed at me but needless to say I ran after him and eagerly took a butter scotch scone. It was a lovely perk of the day.


   The weather did clear up on the ride home and we ended up missing one what looks like a great show from a few of my favorite performers, John Doyle and Karen Casey. We'll there's always next year and the long ride home meant I got some considerable headway on this scarf.




 Ya see the red bag? I finished my recycle t-shirt and jean bag to bring to the festival! Probably gonna put some pockets on the inside, then it'll be perfect for school.




   As soon as I finish this I'm going into town to run some errands, and after that I really don't know what to expect. This summer has been an interesting experience, and I'm looking forward to starting the school year on the right foot in a few weeks.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Your scarf looks great! I love your recycled tote bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D I'm really happy with how it turned out and gonna make some more here soon. Just tear up some old t-shirts for yarn and use old jeans for the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete