Monday, August 1, 2011

Still getting the hang of things....

Like with some of the projects I get started with, I leave them alone after I've started them a bit. Well I guess I should fill in a little bit of what kinda stuff I've been working on lately....


Most of this week I've been messing with trying to make a tutorial of how to make these:



Polymer Clay sunflower pendants. I enjoy making them and I think they are a great little token for summer that I'd like to share. Part of what is holding it up is that I'm trying to draw illustrations to go along with written instructions using my new Wacom fun tablet, which I love but I'm still getting in the hang of that so I might resort to scanning illustrations on paper.


Still working on that crochet circle vest, I really fumbled through making arm wholes and doing proper increases. But I'm gonna keep working on it and hope that if I make it really big no one will notice....


I did however finally start to try to teach my self how to knit! I bought some colorful yarn and needles (Which I have nicknamed, "The Nimrods) and have been following videos on the internet. All of that knit and purl and continental and English and this and that is really confusing but I think I'll get the hang of it soon. (Right now I think I got the cast on and knit down). The concept of trying to grab yarn without a hook was quite an obstacle to over come....

Gonna have to head over to the school today to paint more backdrops, but only after going to the barn to help out a bit. This week I'm thinking I'm going to finish the vest, knit a scarf (embroider it with crochet flowers), and I really want to try and sew my own clothes for school. Lots of crafting!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment